Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

video review of FAB paints

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: video review of FAB paints

Post by Metina on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am

Has anyone gotten any of the lower scented FAB that can report on the scent difference? Obviously you would have had to have some of the original as well. I was told the fragrance went from 3% to .03% so I am just trying to see what you guys think of the new batches.

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 pm

I have many of the new ones as well as the old ones.
The smell in the new ones seems non-existent to me.
But I am one of the very few who didn't mind the original smell... I don't like PARADISE because I don't like anything that smells fruity or tropical; not in my air fresheners at home or in perfumes, either.
I have stated this in another thread somewhere; I've never had one adult or child say anything negative about the smell. Any comment I ever got was from little girls who always said something along the lines of "that smells nice"...
I have a rather large selection of paint that includes TAG, DFX, WOLFE, BEN NYE, JEST and FAB and some SNAZAROO... no PARADISE at all. I remove all my solid colors from their containers and put them in bead organizers... When I open up the bead organizers I can't even smell the old FAB at all... just smells like face paint in general.
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Metina, I recently got a FAB(Superstar) silver. While it did not smell as strong as the one other FAB color I purchased a couple of months ago, the same detergent, makes my nose itch, grandma's bra drawer smell is there with enough concentration that the odor got to me when I took the lid off.
It did however dissipate quicker (one week unlidded compared to two).
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Hmmmm...thanks guys. Just hoping a few more people will weigh in on the smell. Thanks! Grandma's bra drawer? Really?!?!?

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eireannah on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Mandi from Tazzie wrote:I've recieved a free kit from SF that has the FAB paints in it. I was a bit dissapointed when I realised it was the FAB paints as I have been reading this thread & had decieded to wait until they made a batch without the smell. Straight away I have taken the lids off & sat them out on my back verandah to air, I'm really hoping that the smell does fade away. A slight problem too is that there's no names on any of the paints so I don't know what's what?!?! I'll watch you vid again Ashley & see if I can work the colours out from that. Thanks so much for the review.

In my little set with the 20 colours (too lazy to go count) has all the names on the bottom of the containers you can just pop them out and see what your colours are called - I'm sure you have figured that out by now.

The set I recieved stinks to high heaven - and gave me an instant headache. I cannot imagine that this could be the low scented ones there is no way I want this around little people. Its so disappointing!
eireannah

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm so tempted to try this brand.

I was at a party today and I over heard one of the girls say that the paints smell so good Smile It totally made my day! Relief!!!

Back in the summer, I had one kid say the paradise paints stunk.
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Metina, Think it was Melinda Thompson who first described the smell as Grandma's bra drawer but can't not think of the phrase every time I get a whiff of the paint. Why can't all paints be perfume FREE? scratch

Last edited by marta on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by eireannah on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:41 pm

The Paradise smell is no where near as strong as the FAB... I don't mind the paradise
eireannah

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggle on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

So far I haven't had any complaints about either Paradise or FAB... I happen to love the smell of both, albeit once I've had the lid off the FAB for a while LOL!
squiggle

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.awesome-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Youth Dew! That is what Fab reminds me of! It does not bother me, I like it (remindes me that I am painting...the smell of paradise, kryolan, fab...) but I have been trying to remember the old lady fragrance since I first smelled fab. It does not need to smell so strong. None of it really needs to smell at all. It does not bother me, and I like it (yes, I could be wearing grandmas bras too What a Face )but it bothers others, so I really wish they would just take it out. Why spoil the fun for anyone? We should start a letter blitz...just take it out, although, I think you may be stuck with paradise Shannon, isnt the coconut smell in there because of the formula?
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top