Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Would you like to be a critic for another web site?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you like to be a critic for another web site?

Post by Taradoodles on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 pm

If so then please check out mine and let me know the good/bad and ugly! Its a free site, and I cant change the background yet. thinking of switching to PRO for a fee, but have not done it yet. I finished it and been editing for a few weeks now but I want some fresh eyes.
Was it a good idea or a bad idea to put 'about me' section? Do people really read it?
thanks a whole bunch in advance!

taradoodles.weebly.comwww.taradoodles.weebly.com bounce
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you like to be a critic for another web site?

Post by contrachapado on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I don't know what FP rates are like in your area, but $35/hr. for a private event seems really low. You might want to consider raising that rate, especially when you compare it to what you charge for corporate clients.

One other thing that I noticed is that some sections are a bit text-heavy. Most people want to quickly glance at the page to get the info. they need. It's hard to do that when the text is small and there's lots of it.

I like the simple background, it's kind of relaxing. Good page layout.
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Yes, Im a talk-a-lot Tara. I need to cut the wordage down alot, Ill have J help me with that.
I fixed my rates! I been wanting to charge at least 50 an hr (what I charged in Bethesda) but I didnt think people would pay it here. I couldnt seem to find anyone to bounce prices off of. I picked the lowest I could handle and went from there. Things are picking up a bit so I doubled them. I will raise them again when I get more experience. (and see how it goes) I am still relatively new to all this.

thanks so much for looking, a pair of fresh eyes are great.
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MonsterKat on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm not a great person to a critique from becuase I don't what to look for...but I really enjoyed looking through your website! Even though you DO have alot of wordage...I feel like you explain everything really well so all I would have to do is call and book you...not write down a list of questions I need answered first.
And I always look at 'about me' pages, lol nicely written ones like yours make me want to hire you!
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top