Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

That was disappointing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

That was disappointing

Post by skylark on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:17 am

I have been painting faces for fun for a couple of years and every time I am encouraged to do it for cash. So I thoguht that this year would be a good start as my little one is 2 now so is happy to be babysat with her big sister.

So I have had my eyes open for fetes and fun days and called one earlier in the week that is at a high school nearby. They were delighted to have me so I got everything ready. I was due there now (12noon) but got a call at 10 to say they had booked two face painters and as the weather was bad and the first one was booked earlier they no longer wanted me to come. Crying or Very sad

I know these things happen but I was quite excited about it as there would be some teenages and I have just taken delivery of my glitter tattoos.
skylark

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Re: That was disappointing

Post by freedspirit on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 am

Oh...Bummer!! Feel for you Sky lark....chin up though huh!! the next one is going to be ten times better..yeah!!
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:02 pm

CONTRACT! when I started i had cancellations like that, Last minute, they don't even care.
If you make them sign a contract AND charge booking fee (that goes toward event total)= NO Cancellations, It makes them think twice before they tell you to come, and COMMIT!

Lesson learned- Now I will only go to a gig where I have contract and booking fee of $50...

Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by skylark on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Inca wrote:CONTRACT! when I started i had cancellations like that, Last minute, they don't even care.
If you make them sign a contract AND charge booking fee (that goes toward event total)= NO Cancellations, It makes them think twice before they tell you to come, and COMMIT!

Lesson learned- Now I will only go to a gig where I have contract and booking fee of $50...

Good point Inca. I think I will draft one and ask for a deposit.
skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

I think Shanon has one on her resource pages, I think thats where i got mine, and just tinkered it a little to fit my business.. It so worth it, not only it helps avoid cancellations, but also it looks very professional IMO.
Good luck!
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Get the deposit...even more important than a contract (I think)...to enforce a contract you'd have to take them to court and it would cost you at least $100 to do that and you might lose. Get them invested in you.

I bet the other painter got a deposit...more likely. You deserve it, don't you? For example you bought product in anticipation. I know that I still practice, create designs boards and plan for an hour for every hour I'm doing the event so I have 2 hours of planning before I even get there.

I'm newer too and I've learned a lot from reading on the forum from the more experienced painters here.

D.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Bummer! Hang in there Smile The next gig will be better and you will be even more ready Wink
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skylark on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 am

Well I have had a pary booking for the first week in August and am sending a contract and getting a deposit. Lesson learnt.
skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top