Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

3 Teenagers were killed here this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 Teenagers were killed here this weekend

Post by Cherylk on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:23 am

Just down the road from where I live, three teenagers were hit and killed by a drunk driver 12:30 AM on Sunday. I live in a small community and everyone is in shock. I'm having trouble dealing with it, because the two girls that were killed are the same age as my daughter. They were just walking away from the bus stop after having seen a movie when the impaired man's car went out of control and slammed into them from behind.

It's just so sad and tragic! I can't seem to stop thinking about it. My daughter isn't allowed to be out that late, and especially not on the bus, but you can't help but think "What if that had been my child?". I've looked at the images of these three children, and their young fresh faces, and feel such a deep sadness. They were just starting their lives. However silly, it was hard to watch my daughter get on her school bus this morning. I just want to hold her tight, and protect her from everything. I can't imagine what the parents of those three youths are feeling right now. I hope I never have to feel that kind of pain.

Please put these families into your prayers. I can't imagine that their lives will ever be the same again.

Cherylk

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Teenagers were killed here this weekend

Post by AngieAnders on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I can imagine what a huge shock it is for something so tragic to happen so close to your home. I am praying for the families of these kids, as well as the driver who will carry this terrible guilt all his life. No So many lives ruined in just seconds.
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:15 pm

We ALL need to hug our children tightly tonight. I hope that guy is the chair! I just don't know what these people are thinking when they drink and know they will most likely be driving later.

These tragedies are so preventable. Hugs to you Cheryl.

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Drunk Driving makes me so angry too. Especially when those who do it don't realize why they are treated like criminals when caught. I agree with the harshest penalties. And this is exactly why. My heart goes out to those affected by these tragedies. Blessing and prayers for all.
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:01 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's very tragic. If your daughter knew these girls, i'm guessing she did as you said they were the same age and it's a small community, she might need crisis counselling. Pay attention to her and let her know that your there for support because she's going to need it.

My prayers are with you and your family and the families of those who have suffered such a tragic loss.
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherylk on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I didn't know if I should post this here. I think you just try to say it as many times as possible so that it becomes "real". It has really shook the community up. Things like this just aren't supposed to happen.

faceme (sorry I don't know your name), my daughter didn't actually know the kids in the accident. She is in a vocal program in the city, so attends a different high school than these kids. There is only one English/french immersion high school in our area, though, so all the friends she went to school with last year know these kids. Her sadness is for all her friends from last year (grade Cool who went to high school with these teens, and their parents.

Cherylk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherylk on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 am

apparently "eight" shows up as a smiley with sunglasses..

Cherylk

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyO on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 am

There needs to be a way that when you get into your car the vehicle can sense if you are over the limit - like some kind of sensor on the steering wheel which will not allow the car to start. If we can put a man on the moon we can surely come up with something.

Cherylk - Life does continue after the death of the body - we are fully aware of our life and we share the experiences with everyone back "Home" in heaven. These tragedies reminds us that we should not take for granted that tomorrow will come and that we need to live in the "Now" of today and everyday.

I remember when my oldest daughter called me one night in tears after she learned that her best friend Rachael Hugo was kind in Iraq - she was just 24 and was due to come home in 3 weeks. She was the first woman killed from WI (my home state). They were very close as they grew up together - we were in such shock and I was walking like a zombie for weeks.

If your daughter knows them have her talk about them. When you need to cry - cry as this helps the body get rid of the sadness. Grief is hard work but if you have a good support system it helps. If you are finding that this loss is hitting your daughter and you hard see if you can find grief counselors in your area to talk to. I used to do some grief counseling when I was a volunteer for hospice and I know how hard these losses can be.
Kathy
KathyO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 am

My name is Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain-Savvy on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:36 pm

That's terrible Sad I'm so sorry... I'm praying for those kids' families...
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherylk on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Kathy, that's so sad. Every time I see that another soldier has been killed, I think of their families and loved ones who had to say goodbye, knowing they might never see them again. It's so sad Sad

I didn't know these children, but I drive past the site where they were killed every day. It's unavoidable. The flowers and the crosses that are there remind me of how many people the death of these children affected. It's so sad.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.

Cherylk

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:57 pm

there are no words for the loss of young innocent lives and the pain that the families of everyone involved will endure ---- i pray for healing and miracles in those that are left behind to sort it all out. let angels surround all of them and some good come from this heartbreaking loss.
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherylk on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:12 pm

That was lovely, thanks Wyndy Smile

Cherylk

Back to top Go down