Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

My First Solo Art Exhibit!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My First Solo Art Exhibit!

Post by MinnieKeane on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:27 pm

So I'm also an artist on canvas (acrylics) and I've just had my first ever solo art exhibition! I'm so grateful and delighted. It was called ''Colours of Venus'' and was a tribute to the feminine form in its beauty and grace (as the goddess Venus). There were also some key pieces relating to healing and tributes to breast cancer survivors. I wanted to share some of my work here with you all. I will probably upload a smaller version of each of these pics and replace the ones here with smaller files so I won't take up loads of room on the server or whatnot, but for now, I'll upload them as I have them on file. Thanks so much for taking a peek and hope you enjoy them!

''The Untold Story Part I''

''Combustion'' (the butterfly on her cheek was inspired by face paint stuff, lol)

''Recovery''

''Where Healing Begins''

''Moondust in Brine''

''Miss Day''

''Headspace''

''Joyous Rebirth''

''Lady Fans''

MinnieKeane

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: My First Solo Art Exhibit!

Post by Metzpah on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:21 pm

nice work! and congratulations on the show! I especially like "The Untold Story Part I"
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnieKeane on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks so much for the feedback! I really enjoyed doing them. This particular exhibit was a nod to the beautiful feminine form and a great study in the body for me as well. I now feel the urge to do some really evil stuff after doing all these beautiful pieces..haha..''The Untold Story Part I'' is also my favorite but that is because it has such a personal story and meaning to me, and is in effect a self-portrait, at least from an earlier time in my life, as I'm now in a very happy and uplifted space. But I think every woman and person can relate to it in some way, having gone through some kind of trauma or loss, or feeling silenced in some way, yet retaining a sense of peace and striving for something better. Smile
MinnieKeane

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 pm

thanks for sharing Smile
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 pm

I love the combustion, recovery and healing pics!! They really capture the emotions, fragility, suffering, coming back. and finding inner strength..... thanks for sharing!
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnieKeane on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Thank you so much! That really drives my work, I must say. I plan to delve even more into that in the future! I love the idea of metamorphosis and healing right now. Smile
MinnieKeane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top