Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

gloopy paint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

gloopy paint

Post by Mrs.Miggins on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 am

Hello - please could anyone tell me how to avoid my paints getting gloopy - I am using Diamond FX, Paradise and Snazaroo
Many thanks

Mrs.Miggins

Mrs.Miggins

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: gloopy paint

Post by glendaoneill on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:33 am

The only one I've had a problem with going gloopy is Snazaroo. I left it out until it kind of dried out a bit but it never really goes back the way it was. My paradise seems to dry out ok. Sorry i can't be of more help Mrs Miggins!
Glenda
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Too much water or too much heat.

I leave mine sit out to dry for a couple days, and always carry back-up cakes of black, white and red in my kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Definitely let the water evaporate and dry out of your water-activated paints. If anything is gloopy then let it dry unlidded over a day or three until it is firm again, preferably in a cool dry place.

Don't overwet or overspray the DiamondFX/WolfeFX - controlled water on the sponge or brush works best for it. The Wolfe people even say put it in the hot car over a day or two (I wouldn't do it in FL since it would be easily 110 or more in the car.....essentially baking it dry!)

Snaz is softer anyway. Keep it cool for sure if you can.

How is your Paradise getting goopy? Are you putting the lids on after every gig with overwet paint? It usually has a "chalkier" property and dries out quickly on its own. I often have to re-wet with my mister during a gig to keep painting with it.
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.Miggins on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:44 am

Yes I am too water happy -
Also, I have recently taken to putting them in the fridge so could there be a reaction to the cold and our uncommonly warm weather.
And I do replace the lids on a wet cake.
Great suggestion for extra cakes and a good excuse for a visit to Fox'es next time I am in London.
So here I go with less water and dry cake lid replacement.
Many thanks to each of you

Mrs.M

Mrs.Miggins

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by eva on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 pm

I put frozen ice packs under my paints. They are the type in a bag, I freeze them where the liquid freezes at a slope and then put my paints on top at an angle. They seem to last about 2-3 hours, but it definetly helps.
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top