Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I might get to paint my first belly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I might get to paint my first belly

Post by Cherry on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:58 am

Ok, so i'm so excited and terrified at the same time Smile A local photographer just contacted me to see about painting a mum-to-be for a photoshoot. I'd love the chance and opportunity to do it, but so far the only belly i've painted is my own! Any tips for a first-timer? I've read that it's better to have mum standing at the beginning to map out the design? And do i need to use anything to seal the paint in the end? aarrggghhhh, i just love this crazy job! Very Happy

Cherry

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: I might get to paint my first belly

Post by Cherry on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 am

oops, computer crashed so it posted twice..

Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 am

I never used anything to seal it..maybe just a little hairspray would do, but spray it from a not too close distance...

indeed sketch your design when standing up and painting in a comfortable position for the mom..just let her walk in between if she likes...

and enjoy it! it's a beautiful round canvas to work on and it's a happy occasion!
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 am

Thanks Michelle Smile The photographer actually called me back today wanting to book me on a permanent basis. I'm thinking cool, but let me paint 1 belly for you first before deciding to hire me!

Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

you'll do just fine!! the tiger in your avatar looks great too!

do you know what she would like? then you could make a drawing before you do the actual bellypainting..
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 am

Thanks, i'm really excited to tell you the truth. I just need to get my confidence and competencies back up to where they used to be (took a long break and i'm a bit out of practice with my fpainting skills). Good idea about doing a rough sketch beforehand. I'm not sure what she wants yet. I'm hoping it's something like butterflies and flowers and nature-related sort of things....and not a life portrait of a baby taken off her ultrasound pics or something like that Shocked That would definitely be a first for me!

Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top