Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

TAG brush set. Set or singular brushes? Quality?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TAG brush set. Set or singular brushes? Quality?

Post by Tammie on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Hey everyone! Am thinking of purchasing some new brushes. My query is, is it better to buy a brush kit or singular brushes? TAG has a brush set (http://www.tagbodyart.com/shoppingcart/products/TAG-Brush-Set.html) but am unsure of quality. Will I use all the brushes? Still working out what I like to use. Whats your thoughts???
Thanks oodles!! Tammie Very Happy
Tammie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: TAG brush set. Set or singular brushes? Quality?

Post by Cherry on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:40 am

I prefer to buy brushes individually...simply because i like to test a brand out first before buying more in that line (as opposed to being stuck with a set of brushes that you don't like, but paid good money for).

Cherry

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 am

I've been happy with the tag size #4 and #6 for pretty much everything. I got some lowe cornwell and a mark reid... love them! But Tag brushes are just fine. I always use my #12 tag brush for one-strokes.
I have a bunch of other sizes, dotters, fan brushes etc... that I thought I would need but honestly I would be more than happy with just a few of #2 #4 #6 and#12. You can do pretty much everything with those. And of course get yourself oodles of sponges.
One thing though, the paint on the tag brushes cracks and peels with use so I'd recommend you paint them with clear nail polish before you add them to your kit. The same is true of some other brands too so dont let that put you off.
Plus they're reasonably priced so if you decide you hate them you haven't lost a fortune Smile

Last edited by Arty-Farty Party on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Heffner on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 am

I wanted the TAG #12 (one stroke flat brush) to be hardier than the Donna Dewberry ones I bought several years ago but alas the metal ferrule has begun to wiggle and dislocate on my TAG brush.

Pity. I was hoping for better quality. But I still use it and love it.

I think I need to find a one stroke brush with an acrylic handle instead of a wooden handle.

The round brushes are pointier so they make good thin to fat tear drops but crappy fat to the thin teardrops.

<3
~Hefffffffffster
Michelle Heffner

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://brightandshining.com/face_painting_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 am

Michelle Heffner wrote:
The round brushes are pointier so they make good thin to fat tear drops but crappy fat to the thin teardrops.

a-ha.... I will see if I get better results next time in reverse. Thanks for that tip.

and I painted all my wooden handled brushes with glitter/clear polish. I've had some girls comment how much they like the sparkly brushes, could they be painted with those ones please, lol!
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammie on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:16 am

Thanks everyone, have decided not to buy kit from all your valuable info. Will trial a few different brushed before I get too carried away. Thanks for the tips on preservation. That was great added info. You guys are full of fantastic experience! Shocked
Tammie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 am

trinkie wrote:
and I painted all my wooden handled brushes with glitter/clear polish. I've had some girls comment how much they like the sparkly brushes, could they be painted with those ones please, lol!

Oh my, what a great idea! Thank you! I love you

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:26 am

I just ordered this Loew Cornell Comfort Brush set based on Lisa Joy Young's recommendation as her favorite brush. I love my regular LC brushes so I'm excited to try these, and they are very affordable! Very Happy

http://www.amazon.com/Loew-Cornell-Comfort-Round-Brush/dp/B004YV0DDU/ref=sr_1_2?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1314959054&sr=1-2

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top