Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

frustration today!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

frustration today!!

Post by terntam on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

So admittedly I have been too busy working on my yard lately and have not been painting. I decided I'd better do some painting today and I totally sucked!! 1 out of 4 designs I even decided look HALFWAY decent. The rest looked like a 5 year old did them!! Now I'm ready to hang up my hat eventhough I know that its because I haven't been practicing. Sorry, for the boo hoos! LOL Just wanted to vent a little. Sad
terntam

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: frustration today!!

Post by Metina on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

We all have our on and off days. Don't beat yourself up. You went into this practice session already telling yourself you would suck-and you did. It is all self-fullfilling.

You ladies really need to read "The Secret" if you haven't already. It is basically what we think will happen will happen.

You'll be fine, just work on a more positive attitude! I know it sounds pathetic and trite, but it works!

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 pm

what metina said.

Plus I think you are awesome! and today was just an off-awesomeness day. Tomorrow is another day!
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by terntam on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 pm

I love you Thanks guys!! gonna try again this weekend. gallbladder surgery tomorrow, so .... this forum is great! I love all the commradery (spelling?) Thanks to everyone on here who are so supportive and offer up great advice and ideas!!
terntam

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm pretty sure that your work in your "off day" is better than mine in my best days Wink In fact now that I know you have off-awesomeness days, you seem more humane to my eyes - a pagan said.
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Big hugs, be gentle with yourself! I'm sure going in for surgery would be on anyone's mind right now! Prayers for you! I love you

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:38 pm

Well I haven't been practicing or taking care of my yard- so at least you're one up on me! What a Face Sorry to hear about the surgery- so many of our friends are going through such awful stuff right now. Feel better.
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Don't beat yourself up. We all have off days(sometimes months). I went into a blah, bland season a few months back(I think it had a lot to do w/ the stress of WORKING so many hours & never having a break). The creativity comes in peaks & lulls.
BTW, Praying for you as you go into your surgery(that alone could throw me off my game)!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top