Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Visited: Never

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visited: Never

Post by AngieAnders on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Every now and then I like to go into the member section just to see what's happening. It's always shocking to see how many new registrations there are each day. Often there are 25 or more in a single day! However, when you look at "last visited", the VAST majority of the members have "never" next to their names. I'm so confused! How do you register if you've never visited...? scratch
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Visited: Never

Post by fesspenter on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Dear Angie:
At my daughter's school, it seemed that the same six or eight parents volunteered at a public school with 1,051 students. There were a number of parents who helped out in each of their children's actual classrooms, they just were not able to do the more visible volunteer positions. Maybe this forum is just like the school volunteers. I came to this column not knowing just how helpful everyone was. I am constantly inspired, and awed by the level of talent I see before me here. Maybe those non-visitors simply do not know what they are missing. (Or else they think they are so talented that there is no room for improvement.) I know that I will always have to strive to push myself higher. So, I visit. And I visit. Sometimes, I post.
The banal explanation could be that they forgot their password!
The only people who will see your post are the ones that visit! The people who do not visit will never see this.
xoxo
Lisa
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, I'm wondering more about the technical side of things. Such as, don't you have to visit the site in order to register? I would think that anyone who registered would show as visiting at least once, on the date that they registered.

But yes, as far as the other I am sure you're right. Probably lots of lost passwords, or visiting without signing in maybe.
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Before you register you are a guest... After you log on and visit you would be a member with a visit...
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Could these be people who register to buy things from the forum shop and not to use the actual forum?
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Or if you're checking out visits of brand new members that just signed up that day, there wouldn't be visits logged yet because they were logged as 'guest' for their visits before then. Like Suzy said!
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I know when I registered it took a little while to get "approved" (few days...almost a week if I remember correctly) and I had almost forgotten about it. I think I waited at least another week before I actually logged in and had a renewed interest. I bet some people who just had a mild interest in face painting never come back at all....or not till way later. I think someone (Monna maybe) had mentioned that she registered in 2008 and had just again found the forum and forgotten she had already signed up, tried to register and found she already had a login.
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top