Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Are the DFX pallets fake too?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the DFX pallets fake too?

Post by funnyfacesofct on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Hello, I got stung (hard) in the DFX fake paint scam. Just purchased hundreds of dollars worth a couple of weeks before Shocked only to have to toss 95% of it. I am concerned with the pallets I purchased. I threw away the cases they came in an popped them into my foam insert. Does anyone know if I should be concerned they are fake too?

funnyfacesofct

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.funnyfacesofct.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Are the DFX pallets fake too?

Post by SuzySparkles on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:20 pm

You should have stuck it in the swap shop... MANY people would have bought it from you. In case you misunderstood the whole debacle, the paint is actually completely fine paint... What DFX is saying is that the US distributor went behind DFX's back and just ordered the paint directly from the factory, thus cutting DFX out of the loop... But still the same paint from the same factory that makes DFX, TAG and Wolfe.

What the US distributor says is that they sent her the paint without the labels and then instructed her to print the labels herself (which she has the invoice proving that they paid her to print the labels)

REGARDLESS of who is right... The paint is from the same factory. Not some paint concocted in someone's basement.

So the answer to your question is......... I don't know if the palettes were in questions, although I never heard anything about those. If you are concerned... stick it in the swap shop and a number of people will gladly take it off of your hands.
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:34 pm

The pallets are made by the same people who make the DFX paint. They're safe as in your "fake" DFX in my opinion. If you didn't throw away your paint, do as Suzy says & stick it in the swap shop. Many of us would easily buy it & use it since we believe it is real DFX paint & safe to use.

I refuse to buy any DFX paint that is "real" at this point since DFX is so messed up & hurt to many good vendors w/ this scam. Believe me, it's hurting as I search high & low for a good replacement white, but I don't want to give them any more of my money.

FYI, this has nothing to do w/ Metina who I love & who sells wonderful TAG!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyfacesofct on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I was getting ready to throw it out and buy new. I don't want to use anything that isn't safe nor sell anything that is questionable to another. Oh I feel SOOOOOO much better. Thank you. I will probably switch brands ... I have been looking at the new rectangle Tag and one strokes, might try one.

funnyfacesofct

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.funnyfacesofct.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenbyfire on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:00 am

i just switched to tag from dfx and i actualy really love it the colors are very vibrent and not washed out like some of the dfx can be and it covers geart.

zenbyfire

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top