Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Please help. possible big gig but not ready

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help. possible big gig but not ready

Post by Jazz on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:31 pm

At a volunteer event this weekend i was approached about a school open day / fete that would require 3 or more painters. the suggestion was i could train up a couple of ppl to do the easier stuff while i did the harder stuff. thinking on that later i realised the problems that would pose. extra paints brushes sponges and then insurance issues as well. he was only after a quote to start. last night i got to thinking that i should see if any of the beginners like me would be interested in helping thus saving on the supplies issue but then its a good couple of hours drive for most of us including myself. i just don't want to pass up the experience this would bring. by the sounds of it one way or another they are going to have face painting there. so anyone in the brisbane ipswitch Toowoomba area might be able to jump on this one too. Thoughts anyone?
Jazz

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help. possible big gig but not ready

Post by Jazz on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Oh and its november the 13th that its on.
Jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 am

Was there any suggestion about paying you?
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Faces by Ainslie on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 am

Hi Jazz

I would find out about payment too. I live in Brisbane but I am booked up that weekend, however have a word to Teela. I'm not sure if she is on here, but she has a Facebook page Teela's face painting... she may have some contacts or ideas about who to contact. Good luck x
Faces by Ainslie

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-07-06

http://www.FacesByAinslie.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 am

yes he was definitely expecting to pay, that was hid first question, "how much would you charge..."
Jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 am

At first it sounded like another volunteer "opportunity." lol- we get enough of those! You could try posting in the "jobs available" section of this site.
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Hey Jazz, I am based at Helensvale Gold Coast but I would be interested and could help you out. Let me know if you want me!
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Ok so assuming i can get 3 ppl onboard, what would be a reasonable rate to charge per hour? at this point i still have to find out how long for. i'm currently at work on my phone so have a very slow and painful connection else i would look at the other answers to this question elsewhere
Jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:09 am

Just an update,
Kye will be joining me for this event if it goes ahead, I've given them a quote, now the ball is in their court.
Fingers crossed!
Jazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:52 am

Good luck!
You'll be busy but it will be great experience for you.
Make sure you have some super fast designs up your sleeve and limit what you display to only those designs you are comfortable doing in under 4-5 minutes, or quicker. Or don't display at all.

My first (and so far only) contract job was a hammering and the line was 20 deep after the first 5 minutes. I put my gallery book under the table because the kids were not only taking ages to choose, they were choosing faces that I would have no hope of doing fast and well. Plus I needed to leave out a lot of detail just to keep everything moving. So I let them tell me what they want and wasn't shy in suggesting a quick design to an indecisive kid.

At the end of that day I really felt pretty good about where I was at (for a beginner). Some of the other performers and shop owners witnessed that long line came up and told me how well they thought I handled it afterwards too. I tell you, those split cakes & one stroke palettes really wow people who haven't seen them before. And they make a great looking fast design.
That was last month. I got another booking with a different event from that appearance too.

So what I'm trying to say is, just jump in and go for it. You will surprise yourself. And it will be great to have someone alongside you to share the experience. I can't wait to hear that you've got the contract!
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top