Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

comparing paint sizes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

comparing paint sizes

Post by grammapaints on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:45 am

I'm very new to fp and have a question that is driving me crazy! How do you compare mililiters,partial ounces and grams when trying to buy paints, glitters,etc.?i I like to compare shop to find the best deals because money is tight,but I like to try new things even if I'm just starting and don't have jobs lined up yet.

grammapaints

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: comparing paint sizes

Post by anniel on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:56 am

Appetizer pallets are a good way to find paint that you like to work with. Once you find what you feel comfortable with & like, then watch for your sales. Generally the largest sizes offer your best deals, but until you're working, it's difficult to invest in them. I think there are some pallets available in the swap shop, if I remember correctly...and you could always put a want ad there...

Also, when I get frustrated, I put the question the the google search bar and generally get it sorted out on the troy/metric systems without racking my poor non-mathmatical brain,,,
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 am

The best "deal" (as in cost per unit of paint) doesn't help if you are going to leave it 90% unused.....

I still use the small (appetizer) palettes in my kit, I just refill from larger containers as needed.... but starting with the small samplers lets me see what I like/don't like best.
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 am

So true! Hey--Noella, I know it's a different thread, but thanks for the heads up on the Watermelon, ect.
(Ordered already). Sure appreciate it! It's EXACTLY what I needed!
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Another vote for sample palettes. There are a lot of different painters here that like different brands. You really need to pick one and try them out. As long as the paint is FDA approved, it's usually a decent paint like Snaz, Wolfe, Paradise, and Tag. Wolfe is probably my favorite, but I like a variety of colors to pick from and most brands have different colors Smile The Paradise palettes are pretty and easy to wipe off.
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top