Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello to all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello to all!

Post by brbmom on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Hey, everyone! I'm Tiffany and live in North Carolina. I'm pretty new here, although I have been lurking around for at least a few months. Smile I used to paint faces (badly) as a teenager when I worked as a clown. I got back into it last year when I volunteered for a Saint Baldrick's event here in town. I absolutely love it! I don't paint faces often, mostly just when I volunteer for church events, but it's incredibly fun. I have 3 kids who allow me to practice on them every once in a while. I think they're getting tired of being my models though, I may have to recruit some new ones lol. I would love to have more opportunities to paint, maybe even have some paying gigs eventually. There isn't really anyone in our town that does face painting but I still need a lot of practice before I can start painting professionally.

This site has been so helpful. I know I can't do anywhere near as well as what I've seen on here, but I'm hoping to become better. I've already learned so much from the posts and really appreciate all the info that I have received.

I am truly blown away by all off you! You are all amazing!

Last edited by brbmom on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add a few things)
brbmom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello to all!

Post by AshleyMarie727 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:09 am

Welcome!,
I have been in the facepainting business going a little over a year now and i can honestly say im still learning, the best way to learn is to have hands on expeirence not only with the painting aspect but doing the actual partys im telling you once i just went and did a party that was it for me then after my first party i was hooked! i also did volunteer work for St Baldricks and that was the best event i ever done such a great amazing cause. but i try to limit how many vilunteer events i do to so many a month, i wish i could do more but supplies alone are expensive and then travel and so on. But the best advice i can give you is to practice, practice, practice!!! and try new things dont be afraid to try new things you never know what yu may learn. Again welcome and i wish you the best of luck! Very Happy
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome!
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jolenebox on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello!
jolenebox

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2011-09-25

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Thefacepaintingfairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 pm

happy to have you. welcome to the forum. flower
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brbmom on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks, Ashley, for the welcome and the advice! It's all appreciated. I'm trying to get as much practice in as possible lately. I have a birthday party coming up for a friend and an event for our church so I am sure to gain more experience there. I'm super excited! Wish me luck!

Thank you to everyone else too for welcoming me!
brbmom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchanting Faces on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:27 am

Welcome. You'll learn heaps here.
Christina

Enchanting Faces

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by anramire2 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 am

Welcome to the Forum!!!! Your Avatar is adorable, Can't wait to see more of your work!
anramire2

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2009-08-13

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/My-LoVe-for-ART/2104600

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum