Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hi from the UK :-D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from the UK :-D

Post by PaintedNeonMeow on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello Everyone,
What an amazing website this is! I firstly would like to thank you all for your inspiration so far. I discovered this site 3 days ago and have been waiting tentively to be activated to participate and say hello.
My name is Sophia, I was lucky enough to do a 2 year diploma in make up artistry which included face and body painting. I graduated in 2007 but have had some knocks to my confidence since then and have done little in the way of making it into a career but am now feeling inspired, confident and ready to get artistic again.
So hello to all you lovely creative people. Please feel free to introduce yourselves and hopefully this could be the start of something great.

Love Love

Sophia x Smile
PaintedNeonMeow

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from the UK :-D

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi! This the definitely the place to build up your confidence.

Now, not to be a downer.... Where are you in the UK?

I'm asking because Let's Face It is a long-established face painting company in London - Bibi Freeman - you may have heard of her? London School of Face Painting, FacepaintUK, etc.?

If you are just starting out you may want to research the company name before you get going.

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedNeonMeow on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Shannon,
Im in Cambridgeshire. I have heard of the London School of Face Painting and Facepaint uk but not seen Lets Face it as a trade mark. I did do some research into the name before I chose it and only came up with an obscure photographic page from the US, someone in Australia and a facebook page that wasn't loading but now Im looking again I can see the association with Facepaint uk and wouldn't want to seem like I am trying to use their name, or be sued for using it so I guess its back to the brainstorming again. Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks for the advice.
PaintedNeonMeow

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Making Faces on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi Sophia
I am relatively new to this site, and based in the UK in Cambridgeshire! Where abouts are you? (PM me if you'd rather). So glad you are feeling inspired and fired up again, and I hope that this is the start of something great for you.

I am only just starting myself - lots of practising on my (increasingly fed-up) kids, but not done much in the way of putting myself out there, and jumping in at the deep end! But I hope that's going to change very soon, and that some opportunities come up.

Will think on the name thing, and let you know if I come up with anything. There are some amazingly creative people on this site, so someone is bound to think of something great!

Clare x
Making Faces

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-08-05

http://www.makingfaces.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Welcome!
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29