Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Few questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few questions

Post by bdowns on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:43 pm

what do I do if I screw up or a kid moves and the brush goes across the face... make a really bad line, tear drop or something?? Whats the best way to FIX and handle the situation?? Last thing I want to do is look like I dont know what Im doing even if I dont fully yet..

Kids 2-3 yrs old, paint or dont paint, thoughts on that??

Im not good at painting my own face, is it important that I have it painted or some type of design? Do you think it makes a difference

Thanks for any and all beginner advice!

bdowns

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Few questions

Post by vivi_o7 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:30 pm

That's why I always have my baby wipes on my table for any kind of "ups", for kids 2-3 or under is up to the parents, but I always sugest to paint them at the arms, their skin is delicate and is easy to have a rash for any reason at the face, also skin with rash, acne, irritation , sun burn, or wounds NEVER have to be paint that just can get the skin worsening and may contaminate your brushes and paint, and for the face I preferred to always paint my face for gigs, some people doesn't do it, but that's up to you, good luck!!! Very Happy
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Baby wipes.

If it's a small kids, then I just chalk it up as the kid moving. It happens. If I can fix it with a wipe I will, but only if the kid will sit longer Wink

A trick I always use is stop and pull away from the face every time the kid moves. It's like an instinct to me. They move and I move my brush away. You kind of get use to it after a while. Smile
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:27 pm

I instinctively move my brush away when the child even looks like they're about to move, too.

And I use wipes that are made for faces... this is because I, myself, have a reaction when I use a babywipe on my own face so I don't use them on anyone's face anymore. However, I do keep a tub right next to me to clean the paint off my hands constantly. geek
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:37 pm

I make the "OOPS" part of the design. It was supposed to be there all along! Very Happy
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazz on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 am

I was told a someone that if you make a mistake, dont try and fix it, like Mana said, make it a part of the design.....now how the heck do i do that lol
Jazz

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:12 am

Try to just incorporate the rogue brush stroke into the design and keep going. Glitter for girls and blood for boys designs are all good distractors for covering up or taking the attention away from 'mistakes'.

Cherry

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 am

I just wet a q-tip (with regular clear water), make whatever changes I want, and keep going - it feels like a regular paint brush to them.....
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MeeMee on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 am

I like to make my left hand into a loose fist and place younger children chin inside the middle hole. I can move my hand to move their face or tighten grip a little more for wrigglers. This hinders sudden movements. I paint with my right hand.
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:50 am

It truthfully doesn't happen very often, but I'll fix it if I think I can... if the kid won't stop moving, then I wouldn't be able to do it better no matter how many times I try and we just go with it. Usually, I put my hand on top of the kid's head and say that it's so that "I don't fall over."

I will paint any age as long as they are awake and willing participants. If the parent has to have them in a head lock or they are upset by what I'm doing, I stop. I don't want to become any child's phobia because their parent is dead set on them getting face painted whether they want it or not. Some one year olds are better to get painted than some of the 7 or 8 yr olds that I've painted... age doesn't mean anything. If they are young, I usually SUGGEST that they get it on their hand where they can see it so that they know what I'm doing and can enjoy it without the mirror. I also recommend butterfly brush designs so that even if all I get are the two wings done, it still looks like something... for boys, I usually try a spider because it's one colour and fast.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Very true Perry, about the age doesn't matter! I had a church fall festival last weekend with about 15 kids. There was a little girl about 2 yrs old and she would hold so still better then the 12 yr olds! LOL She kept coming back and climbing in my chair. Of course, I could not resist to paint her again and again Smile
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top