Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Nationwide Opportunity for all fellow FPer's to do some GOOD...Take a Look

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nationwide Opportunity for all fellow FPer's to do some GOOD...Take a Look

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:20 pm

As you may or may not be aware, SF is sponsoring a Paintathon of FABA TV on 12/17 and the proceeds will go to benefit Covenant House which is an organization that helps displaced/at risk youth. I came up with the idea of doing something in tandem with this event and I posted it on FB. The idea was to go out either on the same day as the paintathon or a day leading up to it to go to CH and paint the kids there. I came up with 'FPer's United spreading love one brushstroke at a time". It could be turned into a fund raiser for CH as well.

I did this for 3 fold reasons.......

1) A way for the FP community to show support for SF for what they are doing

2) I know what Covenant house has done for kids through prior events and we have 2 here in NJ

3) This could be a huge event not only to bolster the good that covent house does, but also a very big opportunity fo FPer's at large with the potential media exposure that can come from this.

Susan from DC Metro painters loved my idea and passed it along to Marcela. She and her group are on baord for their CH in DC

I have reached out to Marcela to get her thoughts on this, but I think it is totally doable We would need for guilds chairs to reach out to their respective CH's about this I will be in contact with the 2 in NJ on tomorrow. If they have questions direct them to the SF FB page promoting this for the Florida CH.

The biggest thing right now is solidifying the date to do this. I think it is very important that it be done on the same day nationwide to have the most effectiveness.

Please post your thoughts and I hope you can be on board with this.

Tamara

If you'd like to talk more with me about this PM me your number and let's talk.

I have taken the liberty of finding out the locations of the other CH's across the states and Canada and Mexico

CH'S are located in

Alaska California Florida Georgia New Orleans Michigan Missouri NJ Pa. DC Texas Toronto

Vancouver Mexico City Guatemala Nicaragua

Please get in contact with other artist if you are in or near one of these locations and see if they would be on board with this.
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nationwide Opportunity for all fellow FPer's to do some GOOD...Take a Look

Post by Psalmbook on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:39 am

Great idea! We don't have a guild where I'm at, but I have contact w/ a few face painters. Keep us posted! Thanks!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 am

If you don't have a CH near you, you could still do a fundraiser on the day of painting for donations only and send it to them. I think this is a great idea. And surely there will be loads of holiday events going on near this date that you could sign up for to have a captive audience.

Will this be brodcast live on FABA? Since live is free, I am not sure how this will raise money, but maybe I just don't have the full understanding of the scope of the project.

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:38 pm

It was just brought to my attention that I had the wrong date for the event. The SF event is actually to take place on Dec. 2

I confused the date with another booking that I have for the 17th.
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flopsietheclown on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Tamara, I loved the idea when you told me about it! I posted a notice on the Atlantic County Entertainers Guild forum. Please let me know what I can do down this way. Also, I have photos from the Central Jersey Jam for you!
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top