Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

First Gig!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Gig!

Post by Sarah R on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:31 pm

So I just finished my first gig. It was a city wide event (really a very small town). They only booked me for an hour to do faces before a downtown parade but over 100 of kids showed up! I did 40 faces in like 80 minutes! It was crazy busy luckily a lot of the little girls wanted butterflies once they saw one and so that made things really fast. It was great all around and I can't wait for the next!
~Sarah R

Sarah R

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: First Gig!

Post by Sweet Treats by TJ on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Thats great! How did you get the business? Did someone reccomend you or did you contact them for the event? Just curious because im just starting out as well. I did my first gig but looking for more. I have been emailing local event promoters, some respond some dont. Just curious

Sweet Treats by TJ

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by HazyDaze on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 am

Congratulations on your first gig! 40 faces in 80 minutes~ wow, sounds like you got a trial by fire there, lol. Keep it up, girl! Smile
HazyDaze

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:39 am

Congratulations. Man, what a way to jump in!! Glad you enjoyed it.
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah R on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Sweet Treats by TJ wrote:Thats great! How did you get the business? Did someone reccomend you or did you contact them for the event? Just curious because im just starting out as well. I did my first gig but looking for more. I have been emailing local event promoters, some respond some dont. Just curious

Hi! They contacted me. I've got a little ad on Kijiji and my husband made me a website so they found me through Kijiji and saw my work on my site. They liked what they saw and asked if I would be interested. It worked out fabulously - one of the sponsors was a kids spa and they have already asked me if I would be willing to do some joint events with them at the spa! Very Happy I would suggest asking around to places like that too, or maybe like kid's play areas (we have 1 here that's like an indoor park) they specialize in b-day parties and would maybe be willing to offer you as kind of an add - on idea. Glad there are more newbies then just me on here. Strength in numbers and all that Smile let me know if you get any more jobs and how, maybe we can swap ideas on people to contact.
~Sarah R

Sarah R

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum