Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What color should I do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What color should I do?

Post by flopsietheclown on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:44 pm

I am thinking of coloring my hair and want some input. I really want to do something very funky but my husband is not on board. I've been researching Manic Panic colors and am loving the possibilities! This is what I look like on a non-clown day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What color should I do?

Post by Masquerade Ink on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Ha ha, this is my zone. I've had a red streak, full blue, and right now I'm bleaching and re-bleaching to get it snow white Very Happy

First things first, you're going to have to bleach your hair for a long time. My hair is lighter than yours, and I have to bleach it for an hour twice to get it light enough for funky colors. Everyone's hair reacts differently to bleach. You want to bleach to a very, very light/full platinum blond to get a true color.

If you've never bleached your hair before, ask your hairdresser, or I can PM you with what my hairdresser and the gals at Sally's Beauty told me. Otherwise, you know how to get what you want Smile

Second, colors. I've never tried Manic Panic. I've used Splat. It stays bright for about a week, and stays there -- light, but there -- for another three weeks or so. To keep it bright, you need to do touch-up every few weeks. Now, I'm not a hairdresser, so you should definitely ask yours.

One thing about how the colors fade; reds bleed, blues fade. Reds, whether natural or not, will bleed out like the laundry -- they'll bleed every time they get wet, whether you're taking a shower or sweating up a storm. Depending on how your hair takes the dye, it may or may not stain your bedding. Blues, however, never really bleed. They just fade away.

Now, your actual question. I think you'd look great with... purple. Maybe just purple streaks. Streaks are more subtle, so you can go to Walmart without stares but they're still funky. A pink like in your profile pic would also look pretty cool, but might be a little bold for going to the grocery store.

My hairdresser usually has just a teal streak, or just the tips teal. She likes teal Razz

Thought this was pretty awesome! I've had it on my phone for a while.

Masquerade Ink

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Mine is purple right now. I just do it with Garnier 100% Colour. Deep Purple. I don't lighten my hair first and the colour is great and lasts.

Back to top Go down

Post by flopsietheclown on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:31 pm

When I lived in Canada I LOVED Loreal's Fatale Noir line Deepest Cherry. I can't seem to find it here in the US. I would use flash lightening on strips then use that color on my entire head. It was a nice effect. The red did bleed and fade pretty quickly. I love the idea of purple with black.
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top