Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Every order from an infomercial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Every order from an infomercial?

Post by Metina on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 am

I admit it. I just did. I woke up around 4 am and couldn't sleep and started watching tv. I watched this slim in 6 infomercial and it looked pretty good. Both my girls are starting school full time in a couple of weeks and this will be the first time every for me alone during the day. I want to take the time to start shaping up. I have been excerising and such, and lost 10 pounds and shaped up some. But really want to put my full effort into it, but don't want to join the gym.

It had lots of stuff in it and without buying all of their extras, it was only around $70 with shipping. It had positive and negative reviews and has a six week money back guarantee. We'll see. I thought is was worth a shot at that price.

What are your funny stories about buying from infomercials?

-Metina

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Every order from an infomercial?

Post by colormyworld on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm

THey put those things on because they know people are more impulsive when lacking sleep, lol. I know it's true for me. I've ALMOST started several home businesses that way. Luckily, as you can see from all my questions, I like to do a LOT of research before buying something, and like to get as many opinions and reviews as I can, and always ended up not getting the product (you can get them online at a normal hour at the same price or cheaper some of the time if it is good, too). Some of them are good though...I hope yours is! Good luck! Not sure if it's on this site but if it is check it out here:

http://www.consumersearch.com/as-seen-on-tv/alpha

I see you already read reviews, lol...I'm dumb. anyway I hope it does work...and yeah I was soooooooooooooooooooooooo close to getting the SMC home business once at 3am (before I went to ripoff-report.com)!!!!
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Never ever. I don't trust infomercials, door-to-door sales, telemarketers or commissioned sales staff!!

Back to top Go down

Post by colormyworld on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Shannon good choice on the telemarketer decision...I've done telemarketing and I will say it sucks your soul...I lasted a week before I went to ripoff-report.com, saw the company was scamming people out of thousands of dollars, and immediately quit.
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

I once bought a Yoga Booty Ballet kit on an infomercial. Up feeding the baby, watching TV, and thought I just had to have it! I used it probably 5 times. Ugh! But I did get to resell it at least...

I hope you do better with your exercise regimen than I did! Very Happy
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by starponysmama on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm gonna go google it and then tell you what I think... LOL
starponysmama

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-16

http://www.facepaintingtallahassee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by starponysmama on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Ok, I'm back already.

Honest to goodness, I cant KNOCK anything that tries to get you to exercise because I am a Cardio junkie myself. When I was 21 years old I weighed 210 Lbs on a 5'4" frame. I completed induction on the atkins diet, went on to ongoing weight loss, and then on to lifetime maintenance. Today I eat what I want within reason. Contrary to popular belief, the Atkins diet does not include all bacon to clog up your arteries. I have had MULTIPLE chemistry tests done over the past 10 years and all the doctors can say is, "Keep doing what you're doing".

I do about 45 minutes 5 days a week on an Arc Trainer or Elliptical machine. Basically, I'm a runner. If I don't have a machine on vacation I speed walk/jog. I also have a balance ball I got at Walmart for like 8 bucks, you can get online and get the excercises for free and BOY DOES IT GIVE YOU A WORKOUT!

Didn't mean to turn this into a weight loss thread but, After keeping 60-70 lbs off for 10 years, I figured I could put my 2 cents in.

There are other benefits of eating healthy like: not needing as much sleep, having more energy in general, control of your apetitie. But I think the exercise is vital too - especially as we age.

With that said. My car is broken and I'm fixing it myself so I'm taking this week off from the gym - but that's it - one week. I'll be right back at it next week. Ya kinda look at it as a way of life. Not as a chore.

The problem I find with these types of programs is, it's a "get slim quick" and then what? Over the years I have found that if I concentrate on my health (including weight, and feeling) I tend to make it part of my life and I don't even really have to try.....it's just what I do. Kind of a reprogramming of the brain!

Metina - if you ever want any insight, tips, or just want to ask me questions you can always email me!

On the flip side, $70 is not that much money. At least you didn't order a bowflex! LOL
starponysmama

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-16

http://www.facepaintingtallahassee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh I don't expect it to make me slim overnight, but I thought it might be a nice way to mix up my treadmill, dog walks and mini trampoline. I would like to loose 20 pounds. And, it does have a money back guarantee. At only $70, I thought it was worth a try.

I will let you know. It has already shipped, so it should be there when I get home from NY.

PS Anyone in Albany?

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top