Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I am sooooo bad.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am sooooo bad.....

Post by billiebcc on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm

So even though I know my husband will go through the roof I am already planning my next purchase. I know I need more work and I know the benefit will be the perfect place. Besides my children and my arm I mean. Smile So I am looking at some palettes. I have already tried the TAG and the DFX from Metina (did I spell that right?) here. I am looking now at Paradise, I am pretty sure the smell won't bother me, and Kryolan. I am torn between the two. Does anyone have feedback for me?

TIA

Angela
billiebcc

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2011-11-05

http://www.angelwingsbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I am sooooo bad.....

Post by HazyDaze on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:46 am

I bought the Paradise 30 color sampler palette when I was strapped for cash, because I needed many more colors and it ended up being the cheapest way to go as far as palettes were concerned. Of course, I wasn't even considering Kryolan (Silly Farm won't ship to me, psh), so.... And I like the way Paradise smells even though over all I like TAG better.

BTW, I go through the same thing with my husband, hehe. Right now I'm not officially a business, so I suppose what I do would be considered a very expensive hobby (but in preparation for a business, right?? geek ) So I have my wishlist and it's all broken down into what stuff I'm going to get with upcoming paychecks, lol. But then, I don't really buy any other sorts of 'frivolous*' items besides face painting things.

*frivolous here meaning not food, clothing or personal care products--but no less important in my mind jocolor
HazyDaze

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by theotherphoenix on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:11 am

HazyDaze, I'm pretty sure Kryolan is a German brand. You ought to be able to get it around there somewhere?

Billie, I know I've said it already, but I loooove Kryolan for bases even though it's not opaque. It's soft and you can barely feel it and it never cracks or flakes. But the palette cakes are TINY and it's expensive. If you don't have the cash for Kryolan, Paradise is really good paint as long as you can stand the coconut smell, which I can't.

And you're not bad. I've just put in the most enormous paint order last week and I've already found at least three more things I want. Embarassed It's neverending.
theotherphoenix

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-11-12

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:32 am

Ain't that the truth? As soon as I get an oder, I am plotting my next one!
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 am

Just got 12 new Kryolans and I'm really liking them Smile SillyFarm has a BYO $140 palette with case. The Interferenze just went up $6 more in price this month so it's an even better deal if you buy the palette! I also got 10% off and free shipping with their last promo code Wink

CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Kryalon is ok, but can be hard to work with(it will not brush). Paradise is much more user friendly. It's my preference as it works for face or body, blends wonderfully & can also be used(with practice) for linework. It makes great split cakes.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I love the way paradise smells..
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:36 pm

I have a complete set of colors in DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, Kryolan, and I have quite a few of the TAG colors.

My go to for all things bases, line work, metallics was is and will be DFX. This is not to say that I do not like the other brands and I do incorporate them in my work. Hey what can I say I like what I like and DFX is it for me.

I started with Snaz and it was ok because I had nothing to compare it to when I first started. You learn to work with what you are given.

DFX and Wolfe to me are easier to work with as they require less water and I don't have to reload my brush or sponge as often as with the other paints. DFX & Wolfe can't be beat when it comes to line work and the crispness of the details they can give. The colors are bold and the intensity does not fade or wash out.

Do I use Paradise yes on ocassion, I think the smell is overpowering and it is too creamy a consistecy for me, but they have colors that are not found in the other lines so you learn to work with it. Would I ever make it my mainstay product choice, no.

Each brand has it's place and usefulness in this industry. It just comes down to the individual and whether you are willing to learn to really work with that brand to unleash it's full potential.

If there was only one brand of paint to use......we would all have to force ourselves to learn how to effectively use it, fortunately we don't have to.

ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:02 pm

well said..Tamara I too love my DFX..and I like the tag split cakes they go on with a good blend..but for line work i choose DFX white and black..and wolfe white and black
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Angela

I started out with the DFX pallette,,(the lime green is devine, the metallics are gorgeous,,and the neon rainbow cake has a really cool colour order)which I loved, because it was SO much better that the crappy paints I had been using..,however as we have Tag in New Zealand I have been using alot of that, as it is readily available...I love there pearl colours alot and enjoy using the other colours also..I finally bought the infamous black and white Wolfe,,and I am still unsure that it is that much better than the Tag black...It does stain more than the Tag but is definatey like ink....I now have all the basics in paradise and I love them,, they make incredible bases and they I find they dont stain.... I find that when you put the paint on with a sponge it looks kinda funny but when it dries it looks beautiful.... I guess like all of us your in the expensive boat of trying them all out. I would love to hear what you think of them if you do buy them..
And the star blends...What are they all about? Any one know...
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Agree with Tamara 100%. Have tried Snaz, TAG, Jestpaint, Tulip, FAB, Wolfe, and Paradise and Mehron liquid. Do plan to try some Kryolan at some point cause the Interferenze colors look awesome. Each brand has its pros and cons. Depends on personal preference/use. If you don't mind the smell of coconut suntan lotion, Paradise won't bother you.
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum