Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I decapitated a princess today...how was YOUR day?? LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I decapitated a princess today...how was YOUR day?? LOL

Post by Gamezgirl on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Yeah...I really did....LOL So, just for fun, I thought I'd share today's fun...we all need a giggle right? Sorry it might be a long story....LOL

This morning at 10, I have a belly appt scheduled for 2 hours before a baby shower, the an hour leeway, then a 2 hour birthday party on the opposite side of the city. Hubby is taking the kids 45 minutes out of town to my nieces bday, and then we are all driving 45 minutes north, and I am meeting them to see the Holiday Train tonight. Easy peasy. A little tense about the belly because I have never seen or spoken to the mom-to-be, the only design guidance I had was Princesses, and her fave is Belle, and she didn't even know that she was getting painted, it was a surprise fromm the hostess! LOL

I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to roll out the door 15 minutes later than I wanted...on the way, I realize that the gas gauge is below empty. Got to the station, put in gas...realize I forgot my debit card....thankfully I had dropped my credit card last night and it was still in the van. Arrive at the address right at 10, should have been set up, but the hostess was fine because the mom-to-be wasn't there yet. Mom rolls in at 10:30...so we finally get started painting over 45 minutes late. I have a little over an hour till guests arrive.
so I start the belly, outlines Princess Belle's dress, then start on the head and face...wasn't really pleased with it, but kept quiet, and moved on to colour in the dress....OMG!!! I put the head on the wrong set of lines and Belle is holding her own head!!! Now we all make little mistakes and then fix them before anyone knows...but there was no way...I BUSTED out laughing...and then showed mom in themirror and she started laughing...they had a good joke about painting Pinnochio's head on the dress and saying "take THAT Princess' but I grabbed a wipe, and cleaned the head off and started over. (Funny, they were freaked out that I would wipe off the head because they loved it! LOL) Here she is...

So, I rushed the design, got it done (they were all thrilled!) and started loading up to get to the next party....which I had inadvertently forgotten to verify the address and phone number for...so I had no idea where I was going!! Pulled a hail Mary and looked up the name on an online people finder/phone book website and decided to call everyone until i found my hostess! LUCK! I got her on the first try...thankfully she laughed at me and was very understanding...did I mention this is also the mom who was waiting to pay a deposit via paypal but I forgot to send it??? LOL
I'm packed and heading out the door, the familly is so much fun and so kind, they followed me out the door to make sure I took a plate of food (three pieces of KFC?? They must think I worked hard!!) I thanked them and off I go. So now I am enroute, eating my KFC (now I recall why I never eat the stuff...holy greasy!) What a mess! I am covered in crumbs and greasy fingers, and I dropped the chicken on my lap...yeah, stellar day for me. Arrive at the party...do my best clean up in the car. Get in to set up...first thing I do is drop my wolfe white....crack! Broke the container...dad laughed at me (common occurrence for the day LOL) and helped me pick up the pieces...thankfully no pieces were IN the paint so i could use it. It wasn't my best work ever, but they were all happy, only 15 guests showed up so I was done in the first hour. Later, packing up...yup, dropped my pallette and all the paints fall out. Again...dad laughing! He he he.
So in a nutshell, I had a great day, laughing with some wonderful families and kids...I really do have the best, most understanding clients. In spite of decapitated Belle....I am happy. Smile Sometimes, even when our painting isn't the best, we can still have and give others, great memories and experiences.
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: I decapitated a princess today...how was YOUR day?? LOL

Post by Fun2Play on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:44 pm

lol! Thanks for the giggle. Of course I'm not laughing at you but with you. I thought I was the only one who had days like that!
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by MeeMee on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:19 am

I'm glad it didn't stress you. LOL!
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by helena on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 am

Hahaha!

Belle the ghost, carrying her head, love it! Very Happy

I'm not surprised they didn't want you to wipe off the head though - it's lovely!
(Did you have time to take a pic afterwards? - would love to see the final revised product Smile)

helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMarie727 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:09 am

lol oh boy your day sounded like my horrible weekend!lol!
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:20 am

Here is the finished belly...there are some parts that I am really disappointed with, others I love...but all in all, for having not much more than one hour...I am happy. And the mom LOVED it and was so much fun!!
Gamezgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:22 pm

wow! you handled it so smoothly! the designs turned out adorable! great job!
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:32 pm

BwaaHaaaHaaa! I love the decapitated Belle! Great story & I love how you kept your cool through it all... I'm not so good at that Very Happy

I love the final results on your Belle Belly!

I did decapitate a smurf for a Sci-Fi convention costume in my teen years Very Happy
My costume was all blue fur & I had a spear w/ a Smurf head on top & Smurf parts hanging from my belt(I won a contest Very Happy ).
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by helena on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm

So pretty! I love the details and that cute little bird!
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Janb on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:20 pm

You did an AWESOME job with all the details in less time you had planned for and then you had to paint the head again! It doesn't look as if you rushed through it! cheers
Janb

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:28 am

Aww, thanks Janb, and everyone else!
Gamezgirl

Back to top Go down