Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Whats the best way to start off glitter tattoo's?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Whats the best way to start off glitter tattoo's?

Post by freedspirit on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Fun2play..How did you get just the stencils you have onto a banner?
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraMundy on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Manabanana wrote:I do not reuse stencils. I make all my own and a lot of mine have "floater" pieces and they are hard to reapply

Also When you pull the stencil off the 1st time it then has a lot of dead skin cells attached to the adhesive stencil. Then reusing that stencil with the skin.... yuck! Now if it is just for my kids to me or husband... no biggy, but someone elses stencil on me. no way.

plus making my own 3 layer stencils only costs me pennies.... so it isn't a big deal. Just time consuming "weeding" or "picking" the vinyl apart.

We recently started doing glitter tattoos. The big boss wants us to reuse stencils to save on money. The only problems I've had with reusing is the floater pieces.
KaraMundy

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-11-16

http://www.KaraMundy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Last Friday, I was set up in a children's clothing boutique with a party room in the back. It was a great location and my town was holding its annual holiday "Night of Shopping" (piped music along the street, Santa, merchants outside with cocoa, etc.). There's always a huge huge crowd.

THis was the first time face painting was offered during the event. I wasn't sure how that'd go over in winter, at night, etc. but I was swamped for over three straight hours.

I also offered glitter tattoos, and they were a HIT! I think I did about a third of my volume in glitter tattoos, and they were new to most people. The parents loved that they last longer than face painting. THe kids just love them, period.

My display board, which I can't post because I haven't done the "figure out how to upload pictures to this site" thing yet Surprised) (just waaaaaaaaay too busy right now Surprised) ), is made up of actual finished glitter tattoos on black paper.

This took a loooooooooooooong time (but was so much fun), and yes, it cost me all that glitter and stencils, but the whole framed thing looks really sparkly and great and lets people really see what the tattoos are.

If you're less compulsive than me Surprised) you could do at least a few to include near any glitter tattoo signage. It lets people know what it's all about, as glitter tattoos are just becoming known to many people.

They sure do sell, though.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:37 pm

I don't reuse stencils either for paying clients.... don't mind sharing amongst my family, but once I use a stencil on the job, it goes straight in the bin.

Freedspirit I used Publisher (an ancient version) to layout the page. i have also used paint.net (you can download for free - shareware I think) to do the same, but I find Publisher is easier to work with to align things nicely. Just a personal preference. There's probably lots of software that would do a similar job. It's the same size as a vistaprint banner (small).

And JJJJ I definitely plan to create some examples to display alongside the poster. Did you just use ordinary PVA glue, or something else? I like the idea of putting them on a black background. I think that would look fantastic. thanks for the tip.
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 pm

I actually used the Prosaide glue that is used for the tattoos themselves. And some of the designs I mounted on white or silver paper if they'd look better than black (such as when I did the Hello Kitty and its outline is black glitter, so in that case I created it on this silver paper I found). And by the way, that Hello Kitty stencil is picked a lot. I also get a lot of people choosing the dolphin, the turtle, the pony and the cat. Someone on this site (I think) had created the cat in a rainbow design (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) starting at the top and working its way down the tattoo. It's very nice and people choose it a lot. (Thanks to whoever that was!) Surprised)

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Another question... did you laminate them? Or protect them in any way?
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:04 am

I have my glitter tattoo display in a plastic poster frame. I'm going to upgrade and get a better framing system with a different backing this winter, as the cardboard backing on the poster frames is not firm enough to hold up all next summer in/out of the car to festival after festival. A little extra expense upfront, but worth it over the long run.

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:11 pm

I designed my glitter tattoo banner AND my facepainting banners using GIMP. It's a free program that anyone can download and it is awesome for editing pictures too. (cropping... adjusting contrast/brightness). It's just like photoshop but free. www.getgimp.com.

I then order my banner from vistaprint using the option "upload your own design". Vistaprint does small banners for free with promotions ALL THE TIME. All you have to cover is shipping. This way the banner doesn't have to be laminated... no stickers fall off.. ect. Has looked the most professional for me.

this is just the jpeg that I sent to vistaprint, and it printed up beautifully. If I was to do it again, I would add row numbers to it and letters across the top so that they could say "I want 5G". Then, I have my stencils in a filing system box. But... I was able to put white tape on and put the rows and letters on that way.
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top