Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

need some advice on make up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

need some advice on make up

Post by DonnasUtopia on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:05 pm

I have been asked to paint faces for the mummers... Wow so excited . heres my problem . i have only painted kids these are adults mostly men. I have to start painting at 6:30 am, they have compitition at 11:30 then again at 2 pm i think. then they walk a parade and perform again late that night . Which will be televised.so i need advice on the best paints to use . THese guys and girls will be sweating and I need it to last allllllllllll day with few touch ups as possible. So I could use some long lasting brands and the best adhesive for jewels . Pleaseeee
wish me luck also. Thanks Donna
ps They are paying for paints and I am painting for free as a favor Some say I am crazy but They are family and the exposure is great. but if I was to charge them what would it have been? There are 30 faces and i have to be there all day and night.

DonnasUtopia

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: need some advice on make up

Post by IamGinaW on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:00 pm

I would charge per hour. Do you have an hourly rate? I started out as a quality face painter at $75/hour and raised it to $85 per hour at my 1 year anniversary. Prices will depend on what your local market will allow and what others in your area are charging.

I have only used Ben Nye Final Seal as a sealer and was happy with it. As far as long lasting paint, you might consider some star blends and/or sealer. What clowns use is grease paint but that would be a VERY different to work with and probably wouldn't be detailed enough.

For adhesives, I find that body glue (AKA pros aide) works the best.

Hope this helps.
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMarie727 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:57 am

Oh wow thats awsome! Congrats! its not always a bad thing to paint for free especially if you are getting alot of marketing out of it and they are supplying the paint and everything thats awsome! Good Luck! let us all know how it goes!
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 am

I would suggest getting good quality paints, like DFX or Wolfe, and some sort of sealant like the Ben Nye Final Seal Gina mentioned.

Good luck!
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top