Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

"Face Off"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Face Off"

Post by martha on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah, I was AMAZED at how well Matt did. Loved the body paint that Athena did as well. And the concept in the barn painting rocked it for me.
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by trentsketch on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm

I thought Athena had the best paint job, but the concept didn't work too well in the photo. It really looked like those chakra orbs were coming out of her model's body.

trentsketch

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 pm

My fave was the basketball player one...second was the elephant....and I loved the water part in Athena's photo...and the camo on the shoe part....he rocked a hard challenge!! I was totally impressed...
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I too love this show! I never miss an episode, even if I have to tape it, lol. I was sad when Nix went home... Was secretly (though not so secret no, lol) hoping that Jerry would go home... he seems arrogant, and... idk, he just rubs me the wrong way I think, lol.
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Am with you on that Punky. Funny how we pick our favs and not-favs without ever knowing what they are REALLY like. Just my nature that I like to see the quieter types win. BTW, congrats on your big news and hoping you manage to land a job soon.
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks! But yeah, seriously, I just didn't like what he said in episode 1 about how he expected to win every challenge and just wanted to see if these "kids" had the chops to challenge him. I was just like... Erm... okay, arrogant much? Sheesh! Right now of those who are left I think my top 3 faves are Matt, Tara and Athena.

I don't like Becki anymore either, she has been such a major B**** since the first challenge. I mean, first she's saying, "I'm going to help lift Brea up, I'm gonna make her look good, I'm not afraid of having her on my team" And then all of a sudden she's saying she "let" Brea win and "Brea won by riding on her coatails" and then how she treated Miranda! that was horrible!
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm

So, I don't konw about the rest of you, but I totally loved the theme tonight's episode! Who's make-up did you like the best? I actually cringed a little when RJ's came out, and I spent 3 months working in an Operating Room around blood and sharps...

Still kinda hoping Jerry goes home though...
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm

I thought the parasite was totally cool as well as Rayce's Ice Man.
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 am

Sorry to see Athena go. Think she is an amazing body paint artist regardless. Looking forward to the old age makeup next week.
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:42 am

You'd think I'd be more interested in this show... but I completely forget about it every week until you guys post about it. Rolling Eyes

Guess I'll catch it in reruns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:04 am

Me too, Shannon. I watched the first week and loved it but then either fall asleep before it comes on or forget about it. It comes on at 10pm and I go to bed buy then, 6 am comes early.

I would blame it on getting old but I've always been an early to bed girl. Smile
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 am

I have church and choir practice on Wednesday nights so it's easy to make that the only thing I watch before I go to bed. Comes on at nine p.m. my time and I've always been a night owl despite having to be at work by 6:30.
We have a really ecletic taste in TV i.e. Ted Nugent hunting shows, Paula Dean cooking, cartoon anime (hubby), detective and sci-fi (me). Think I'm also gonna try to check out "Monster Man" when it comes on.
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by helena on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 am

I watch it on the space channel on the internet because I can't catch it on TV - it's shown the day after - I just watched it now Smile

Shannon and Jody - maybe you could catch it there too?

It's so cool, I really look forward to seeing it

helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:13 pm

I too was sad to see Athena go, I love her body painting. I also got a little more upset with Beki... I don't like her... she's got such an attitude problem and such language! I really felt bad for Sue having to work with her and then getting trown under the bus when Beki had immunity; although I have a sneaky suspicion that was the reason Sue didn't get sent home because Beki was treating her so unfairly and blindsided her in eliminations. Even Vi called her out on that and didn't seem happy with that kind of behavior.
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:31 pm

I always have to avoid this thread for as day or two until I have had a chance to watch the show since I always record it.... Neutral
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:00 am

I'm DVRing it so I can watch it 1st thing in the morning... It's on too late for me.

Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:01 am

Also, if you have cable you can probably watch it On Demand.
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 am

You have to pay for On Demand... I'm not that interested in the show. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am

Shannon, here in the civilized world we don't have to pay for on demand tv... (okay, I'm only joking 'cause I absolutely LOVE Canada and was raised very near the 1,000 Island border).... but seriously, with Time Warner Cable you don't have to pay for TV shows "On Demand" as they are part of the DVR package....you still have to pay for movies, though...
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Last season, Hulu aired it free the day after. This season, Hulu still has last season's episodes up. It's such a bummer that I can't watch the newest episodes and I work on the nights it airs. =(
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

YES!!! Jerry got sent home!!! Very Happy Boo... Beki is still there... Mad

I seriously had to laugh when Beki was knocking Jerry for whining and complaining about Sue beating him on the last challenge by saying Sue's work was terrible and how he's so much more experienced he should have won...

HELLO?? Hipocritical much?! Beki hasn't had a nice thing to say to any of her partners thus far... and she even throws them under the bus when SHE has immunity!

Some people just annoy me to peices....

On a lighter note... Yay Ian! For taking a crappy situation and turning it into a great peice of work!!
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by helena on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:24 am

drat...shoulda watched it before coming here! LOL Very Happy

On a side-note; YAY Jerry went home! Haven't watched it yet, but that is good news, his attitude really bothered me Smile
helena

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

I like watching "Face Off".
I am astounded at all the disciplines that they have to be great at in order to get the makeup/prosthetics job done well...QUICKLY.

I skip through the silly drama and back stabbing. It seems so unnecessary. If I were on that show (and I am not talented enough), I would be kicked off for being too boring. I would be in awe of my fellow artists and I would never backstab or gossip.

I watch it online:

http://watchseries.eu/letters/A

Click on the letter "F" for "Face Off".

xoxo
Lisa
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by helena on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm

I watch it online too:

http://www.spacecast.com/Face-Off.aspx

I'm really glad I can watch it online, it's my favourite show and I couldn't see it otherwise cheers
helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm

I doubt anyone would be kicked off due to non-drama, I mean, look at last season... (can't remember her name) the lady who was third from last to be eliminated who made it into the finals, she pretty much flew under the radar the WHOLE time, never caused any drama, nothing.... probably why I don't remember her name... In the end, she was eliminated simply because her makeup and final exhibition was not as up to par as the other two.

I kinda miss when they'd announce the winner first and let the winner counsel the judges on who they'd send home. I think some of the people who no one likes would be gone by now if they still did that.
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top