Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Arty cake vs Rainbow cake?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arty cake vs Rainbow cake?

Post by Winger1200 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Fantastic, Diane, you DID it! The softer metalic pearl & sparkling paints are easier to push around & shape into a smooth level surface in the cake for an easy brush load. The more you use it, the smoother & flatter it becomes ; )

If you keep all soft paints OR ALL classic hard paints in each rainbow cake they will wear evenly & last longer than mixing soft & hard paints in a cake.

Welcome to the rainbow cake makers,
Susan
Betcha you don't stop making rainbow cakes with JUST one ; D
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm

It's like potato chips... Laughing
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bee on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 am

FYI Silly farm arty cakes are 28gm as opposed to tag which are 30gm, obviously prices will vary depending on where you buy them.
Arty cakes are made from a few different brands so there is alot more variety in colours than in the tag, really it just depends on the designs you are trying to achieve. DFX cakes are not as long, so they are a little difficult to hold on to, in my opinion they are a little out of date a should consider changing to keep up with the times!

bee

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDreamer on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:06 am

I have versions of nearly every brand of one stroke and I've made some rainbow cakes. The DFX cases are still the wider-than-one-inch compact cases and that makes them a bit of a pain, but they are consistently DFX paint. TAG ones are comprised of all TAG paint and the stripes/cases are longer and thinner, one inch, the perfect size for the brush. The Arty Cakes are the right size, just like the TAG, and use a variety of paints, making a huge variety of colors. The only real problem with the arty cakes is because they are made of different pant brands, the colors don't take water consistently. Some colors in the cakes end up too watery, while others didn't have enough water to transfer. That, and some color will go faster than others, leaving holes or trenches in the middle of cakes. First Arty Cake I ever got was the true rainbow and the blue practically disintegrated while all the other colors stayed. It's happened with several different Arty Cakes and has kinda turned me off of them
CrimsonDreamer

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-03-21

http://www.CrimsonDream.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top