Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Finally... first belly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally... first belly!

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:32 pm

It was so fun! What an interesting canvas to work on!

I want to thank Daizy for the inspiration for the design. I was looking through her gallery, trying to find inspiration for a 'girly' design, and I saw one of her flower designs that was just so beautiful. So thank you Daizy! I love you

I took everyone's advice about having the model stand to draw the circle, and it turned out so lovely and round! I also used my kabuki brush for the first time, and it had awesome coverage for the background and WOW was it quick to put on!

The whole design took about 40 minutes, which I'm pleased about.

The model is a photographer, and we're teaming up to offer a maternity belly & photoshoot package! I am very excited about finally entering the world of belly painting! Very Happy
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally... first belly!

Post by martha on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

That is totally awesome Janna--both the belly and the opportunity!
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by misspixie on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I love it!!!!! I am thinking of doing a friend's belly soon. wish me luck Rolling Eyes
misspixie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by maaikemeis on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 am

ohhhww how nice... even the nails in the same colour!! Very Happy
maaikemeis

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2011-09-22

http://mmarsman1981.hyves.nl/fotos/?ga_campaign=photoAlbumEntry_

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMarie727 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 am

AWWW~! i need to do my FIRST BELLY!! i cant wait!
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks everybody! I didn't even notice the nails, Maaike! They do match really well!
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 pm

It's lovely!. Isn't it special to paint on that canvas? I did my first belly last week and I am hooked.
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm

PerfectlyPainted, I share your excitement, I just got to paint my first (and second!) this weekend!! One I was happy with the other not so much, but Mum was satisfied which is what mattered.

This design was based on a nature theme. Mom asked
for vines, leaves a sun along with blues and greens in
an interlocking pattern.

For this design, Mom asked for an egg with
a tree of life emerging.

There are violets in the grass to symbolize the baby's
birth month of February.

CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Beautiful work, Cheryl! I love how you blended the crack in the egg on the second belly.
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks, that was the bane of my experience....I had a totally different design ready to go based on mum's feedback and ideas, but when I arrived she requested to change the design based on some ideas her husband gave her.

Also, I wanted the egg to be much smaller in the middle, with the tree of life actually emerging up and out of the egg, but she wanted the egg as large as possible and asked me to make it bigger a couple of times until it was a large as you see. That made the design challenging for me because it basically matched her flesh tone.

But in the end, like I said the important thing was that she was happy.
My favorite part of the experience was listening to the mothers talk and joke while I worked. It took 3 hours total for both with photographing. I can't believe you got yours done so quick!

What was your favorite part of the experience?
CreateFaces

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm

CreateFaces wrote:Thanks, that was the bane of my experience....I had a totally different design ready to go based on mum's feedback and ideas, but when I arrived she requested to change the design based on some ideas her husband gave her.

Also, I wanted the egg to be much smaller in the middle, with the tree of life actually emerging up and out of the egg, but she wanted the egg as large as possible and asked me to make it bigger a couple of times until it was a large as you see. That made the design challenging for me because it basically matched her flesh tone.

But in the end, like I said the important thing was that she was happy.
My favorite part of the experience was listening to the mothers talk and joke while I worked. It took 3 hours total for both with photographing. I can't believe you got yours done so quick!

What was your favorite part of the experience?

It was so funny because the baby starting kicking a lot as soon as I started painting! The mum said she hadn't kicked at all that day until I got there. It was like she was trying to kick my paint brush as I painted... it was hilarious! It was a really fun experience, and I found it a lot easier than trying to paint a squirmy 5-year-old's face... LOL. I'm looking forward to painting more bellies for sure.

In my case, all she requested was something "girly", so I just decided on a flower & butterflies design. Then after I finished painting her she realized that she would've liked a painting to match the baby room - which is "monkey" themed! It's probably a good idea she didn't ask me to re-do it because I don't have any brown paints to do a monkey design haha.

I think you made the egg work! It would've looked really nice in your original design too. Oh well... another belly! Laughing

Yeah, from start to finish including a photoshoot, it only took an hour! Not bad at all. Like I said, the kabuki brush was awesome for laying down the base - it must've only took a few minutes. Then I used a large 3/4" brush for laying down the flower colours. Then just lots of details with smaller brushes - that's what took the longest. It was really fun though. Smile
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumi's Magical Brush on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:21 am

Very nice Very Happy
Kumi's Magical Brush

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.kumismagicalbrush.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:35 am

PerfectlyPaintedFaces wrote:It was so funny because the baby starting kicking a lot as soon as I started painting! I think you made the egg work! It would've looked really nice in your original design too. Oh well... another belly! Laughing

Yes, both mums I painted were 37 weeks and the babes put on a show for us the whole time Very Happy

Below is unfinished start of the original design I came up with. Mum asked for a nature scene including water and trees so I went with sunrise and the the violets (Feb birth flower) It isn't finished as the budding branches creeped along the perimeter like a frame. The leaves are celtic knots which showed up both in Croatian (father's heritage) art and Welsh (mum's heritage) art.

As you said, another belly!
CreateFaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top