Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I think I've gone overboard...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I think I've gone overboard...

Post by Kristal on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:01 am

My ICBC claim has finally been settled...and up until this very moment my plan was to pay off my car with my settlement.

However.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sorely tempted to spend a large chunk on more paints, more glitter, more brushes, more promo and signage, more balloons, an external hard drive, an aluminum makeup chair, and perhaps a cabana boy...to, erm...help me move everything...
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:12 am

Pay off the car... you'll have more disposable income every month then!

When I got the insurance settlement from the theatre (for "breaking my leg" on opening night... isn't that so cliche??) I paid off my car...

ahem... THEN with the leftovers I bought a digital camera and took the family on a 16-day cruise around South America ... and put the rest in a GIC ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:33 am

I will, I will!

Because really, I'd be buying new stuff right now even if I didn't have a settlement check to pick up tomorrow...haha.

Your settlement sounds marvvy! (and yes, so cliche...but funny all the same. Ouch though!) Sadly I will not have enough to take the fam on a cruise after...it was a nightmare having to repeat over and over again that I don't know what my wage loss was - I'm self-employed!! I'm glad I'm getting as much as I am - ICBC wanted to settle at $1000!

...at least the car payments'll be over and done with, eh?
Kristal

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 am

So, uh, how do I get one of those settlement thingies??? You all are making me crazy to go get a TON of stuff now...my husband will let me get some stuff this week, but I just got a job, and have to wait for my first paycheck. My facepainting isn't going anywhere yet because we just moved here. Business cards and ads are on the way! (maybe I should spend my first paycheck on those instead??? NAH!)
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:04 am

are you my long lost twin?

(seriously, this is ME too!)

I won't say how much money I've dropped this week on fp stuff! omg! someone help me!!! Shocked
In my own defense I am not letting myself buy one more thing for at least a month or two. Though I am already scoping out a conference now for Jan! SOOO EXCITED!

At least it's not drugs.
Laughing
aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:05 am

ohhhhhh! you're just teasing us newbies now!

Ashley Pickin wrote:Here is my SMALL kit that I bring with me everywhere.. Sometimes I don't have room for it all so I just bust out one palette, glitter and couple of brushes and 3 sponges... but most of the time, it's actually this jam packed with fun!

aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 am

yes they are...my mouth is watering here...
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:58 am

photomomma6 wrote:So, uh, how do I get one of those settlement thingies??? You all are making me crazy to go get a TON of stuff now...my husband will let me get some stuff this week, but I just got a job, and have to wait for my first paycheck. My facepainting isn't going anywhere yet because we just moved here. Business cards and ads are on the way! (maybe I should spend my first paycheck on those instead??? NAH!)

Haha, well, first you'd have to be injured in an accident, so I don't really recommend it Razz I was rear-ended in Aug-07 and have only just settled the claim now. There are better (and less painful!) ways to get money!

And April...paints ARE our drugs!!
Kristal

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 pm

I just ordered some new things for me and I can't wait! (And a Bach Blue so see what all the fuss is about......)
I only order when my husband isn't here and it's too late when it comes to complain. Very Happy
I do need a space to put all my kit and balloons and stuff. think I need to put all my kids in one room and take the other over.... Laughing

Glenda
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Got an extra apartment for all my makeup stuff.. but my kit when I'm out is very condensed. Will take a photo one of the days. I'm still a bit beside myself after the weekend. Had an 8 hour job doing airbrush tattoos in one end of the country, ending 1am, the next one - also 8 hours - was starting at 9am with facepainting. There was a four hours drive between them. But it was fun =)
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:50 pm

I would rather not have shattered my leg... I am now bionic and set off airport security... but the money was nice. And I didn't have to fight to get a settlement - no lawyers involved at all. It was a KNOWN hazard that no one had bothered to fix even after others had been hurt (not as badly as I)... so, there was no question of liability. I did the "free consultation" phone call to a lawyer and he said to wait it out for the two year window to file a claim to see what the long term effects were. So I did... everytime the insurance company called me they increased their offer... I kept putting them off. Just before the two years was up I countered with a figure, they offered me just little less (was I shocked!!) and I accepted, they brought the cheque to my house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain-Savvy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 pm

The colors! o_o I love y'all's stuff! *makes grabby hands*

I've been face painting for a while but my supply collection is still pitifully small Laughing It all fits into a single storage container! I just never seem to have the extra money to use, and it stinks! I've been wanting a rainbow cake for ages... one day!
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 pm

Husbands are funny. Mine is sitting beside me as I looked at Shannon's pic and reacted out loud. He leaned over and said, "Your stuff looks about like that." ???What???? Everything I own fits into a rolly organizer about the size of a milk crate! Too funny! Maybe mine just seems so big because he has to live with it.
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Are we confessing??? My walk in closet houses my facepainting, tattoo, and airbrush stuff. Fortunately my closet is big and my stuff almost takes one of the 6 foot angled walls from floor to head height. I KNOW I HAVE A PROBLEM!!!! I can still walk in so I figured it could be worse!

I just bought a bunch of Ben Nye cakes on sale at my theatre costume shop "to try" and made my 3rd trip to Michael's in 2 weeks to buy additional brushes. I am afraid to take a picture of it all but it would be good to rethink what I use and do some "swapping". I have promised myself no more purchases until I have made more $$$. I already have a few things "scoped" out that I really want to add a) aluminum director's chair, b) folding table, c) cool fabric for table cover/airbrush system cover, d) alcohol based airbrush paints, e) car magnets, f) new Neon rainbow!!!! or Kryolan neons to refill my existing one! g) new website

It is not unusual for me to be up until 2 or 3 am one to three nights a week "researching" my hobbies. I am "sick" too........
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Maybe Metina should rename this place the Face Paint Looney Bin?
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 am

The FP Institute for the Very Very Very Greedy?

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:54 am

All that I want today is Interferenz Silver and a folding brush holder. It's a good day.
cassandra

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:15 am

I was in Calgary this weekend, drooling over paints, when I was shown the ultimate pallet = Kryolan, just released, 12 colour pallette with 6 Interferenze & 6 Metallic paints (the cost was less than buying two seperates palletes) Next time.......next time fer sure......must wait.......I can do it.........willl wait............sooooo, maybe I can book a gig in Calgary for this weekend. Razz
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:31 am

Is that the 2ml cakes or something bigger? Those are so small for sponge work... and really, 2ml of Interferenz doesn't last very long...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:38 am

WyndyO wrote:I just bought a bunch of Ben Nye cakes on sale at my theatre costume shop "to try" and made my 3rd trip to Michael's in 2 weeks to buy additional brushes.

...two weeks ago, a gig was by a Michael's and I went in and bought a new brush. Last week, a gig was by a Michael's, and I went in and bought a new brush. Still last week, I was by a DeSerres, and bought a new brush. Today, I went to DeSerres, and bought FOUR MORE!!! It's a sickness. There's no known cure. I'm doomed. DOOOOOOOOMED.

I could chair the Very Very Greedy Club! I've already mentioned (at least a couple of times!) that I want an aluminum makeup chair for my birthday...and that's not till December!

Also...I may or may not have placed another fp order yesterday...
Kristal

Back to top Go down

Post by colormyworld on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:47 am

I can just see a 12-step program forming...FABAnon...or the FABAA...
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:41 am

Pfft. I can quit any time!

....gah. No, no I can't...and I don't want to!
Kristal

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:42 am

I'm not sure, but they aren't very big. None the less, i know i would enjoy Very Happy
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 am

Hi, my name is Karen and I'm an facepaintaholic. Just yesterday I stopped by a local art store and bought 2 snaz pots and 5 brush sets (they were on sale) and one brush not on sale. Its hard for me to pass by a Michael's or Joann's Craft store without stopping by to check out their brushes. Luckily they don't sell face paints yet.
funfacesforu

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:45 am

My package is in the post...... I'm SOOOOO excited bounce
Hope it comes tomorrow morning. Or the husband will be here. affraid

Glenda
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02