Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I think I've gone overboard...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I think I've gone overboard...

Post by Lady Jayde on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 am

I have several package in the mail...but I have to wait days! I spoke to Heather at Silly Farm on Monday because I got an email about an item being substituted in my order. Turns out my Wolfe Neon Palette hasn't arrived there yet and they wanted to substitute it with the Kryolan UV palette. I didn't know what to do so she's going to have someone call me today and let me know if the shipment came in, if not I'll just take the Kryolan palette.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I can't stop buying stuff until the last package comes in. The most I can wait is like 3 days and then I have to go get SOMETHING...a brush, a sponge holder, a Pro-Kit...okay, not the Pro-Kit, but I want one now because April gets to drool over one and I want to drool too! It's a sickness with me, I like getting packages in the mail and as long as I'm waiting for a package, I'm thinking about ordering stuff to 'pass the time!"

And here I was thinking I was a strong college edumacated woman... Embarassed

I'm going to go buy something from the store...check you guys later.
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Photogal on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:40 pm

YUP...it's a sickness. I have it too. BUT...new tires on the car kinda take precedence. Dang it. So there is a swap shop kinda place here???

Photogal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-20

http://www.minds-eye-photography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:28 pm

ya know...this all just started as a hobby because I wanted to be able to paint my own face to match costumes for going to Renaissance Fairs and for Halloween....really...it did....really.....
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:43 pm

LOL. I just read your post LJ!

I just ordered a Wolfe neon/metallic palette too! did you get yours yet?
aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ediesbeads on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Digging this up from the dungeon, but it is so true! My sickness has been beads... I currently have taken over two rooms in my house... good thing we have a big old house.

So all you folks with Fat Max's... does your max cup runneth over or do you get it all in there?
ediesbeads

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Fat max PLUS duffle bag PLUS floor PLUS suitcase. I may need actual professional help!!
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:29 am

*tweedledeedeeeeeeeeee*

*stares at ceiling*

I might.... MIGHT be overdoing a bit......
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 am

I've been emptying closets all week, because I ran out of storage space for my facepainting stuff ....
my husband is so happy I'm cleaning, I guess the penny hasn't dropped that it's facepainting related again :-D
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a_better_man_now on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:15 pm

lol it truly is an addiction...My amount of "stuff" doubled and tripled in a very short time... I've found out that "it was on sale" works wonders when i get the eye, and ordering when no one else is around...well, it's too late when the packages arrive. lol
a_better_man_now

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Ten years ago, I went on a group tour in China. My best friend who I've known since age six and I were in this wonderful group who we all bonded with and called our "China family." Throughout the trip, my friend and I spent money on things, sometimes prudently, sometimes not. One thing she asked me to do was to keep her from buying more pearls, and I asked her to keep me from buying ANY paintbrushes (they are all over in China - beautiful bamboo handles, flowing bristles, every shape and size, little and big objects of beauty, just for their own sakes). Near the end of the trip, we stopped in a place in Shanghai called, of all things, "Chinatown"! My friend and I were splitting up into different groups to go browsing. About two hours and many market stalls later, we all got back on the bus. My friend sat in the seat in front of me, and everyone was filing in with their bags and purchases. As the bus started to move off, my friend turned to me, with a guilty and fiendish grin on her face.

"I bought pearls," she confessed.

"I bought paintbrushes," I countered.

And off we went!

(P.S. I bought a LOT of paintbrushes! I LOVE them. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE PAINTBRUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

afro Word! (That's for Miss RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRonnie!)

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Flourishing Faces on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:16 pm

I just saw this topic and it's given me a great sense of relief.
I too have become addicted and I have a gun case now to puf my kit into and I have my Fatmax to store the overflow. I'm not proud of it but I only starting getting the pro painf etc in January.
I haven't even done a paid gig yet and bug I'm telling myself that I'm doing it all in preperation.
I hope to believe it someday  lol!
Flourishing Faces

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm now obsessed with the gorgeous shimmer FAB paints... but am telling myself that I don't need them, I have enough paints, but every night I'm on the computer drooling over the beautiful colours!! I know I'm going to give in sooner or later!!

I discovered face painting last year and have been slowly building up my kit and supplies... I'm no youngster and hubby used to look at me painting my arm and said "I don't know why you're buying all those paints, you'll never do anything with them" which made me even more determined to practice and get better... and now I've painted at a few birthday parties and events and I'm so proud of myself for actually having the nerve to put myself out there and paint!! I love it so much and wish I had found this years ago... I've worked all my life (still working full time) and have never loved my jobs... but as soon as I get a brush in my hand, I'm in heaven!!! Just looking at my paints makes me happy!!! Very Happy 

Anyway, it's only a matter of time before those shimmers lure me in...  Wink
ambercat

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-25

http://kathy232323.wix.com/kathys-face-painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top