Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

HELP... how do I get the battery off the back of my stupid POC phone?I

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP... how do I get the battery off the back of my stupid POC phone?I

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 pm

I have a Samsung flip phone.. don't ask me the model, I don't know. It is a complete piece of crap... I do not use it daily, it is in my car plugged into the charger for emergency use only... EXCEPT the stupid piece of crap is NEVER CHARGED!

I took it back to where I bought it and they popped the battery off to check it and it was actually fully charged, put it back on the phone and it operated.

So... it is dead, I brought it in and charged it on the house charger... dead. So I am trying to get the battery off to see if removing it and putting it back will turn it on like it did at the store... but I cannot get it off.

I have googled it and the only stuff I have found is for different phones and I can't make it work on this one.

There is no button, no groove, it won't slide...

You have no idea how much I miss my StarTac...

Back to top Go down

Re: HELP... how do I get the battery off the back of my stupid POC phone?I

Post by 1HappyNut on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Aw Shannon. That is frustrating!!! Could you phone the store you were at and ask them to tell you?

Also, I would ask if you could leave it there for a day or two and have them periodically check it, to re-create the problem.
I did that with a DVD player under warranty. They couldn't re-create the problem I was having when I showed up with it, and they offered to keep it for a week to keep trying.
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Or can you take a picture of your phone and post it here? I was looking online and there are instructions, but for specific phone types. Hard to know without knowing which one you have.
Is it the cover that is so difficult to remove? I see on a few forums that you have to press hard on the cover while sliding (try with the heel of your hand).

Last edited by 1HappyNut on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add further information.)
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:44 pm

I looked online... I found one that was similar but the button they pressed is NOT on my phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:47 pm

GOT IT!!... stupid phone.

Had to press HARD and push at the same time. I was trying that, but obviously not pushing hard enough... and... the battery is still dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Boo to the battery!

Take it back and don't leave until they can help you. I know often batteries are so expensive to replace, that it's sometimes cheaper to buy a new phone.
Check into which ones have the better battery life. The store rep should know. Tell them that it sits for long periods of time without being used, and that you only use it for emergencies. Ask what inexpensive model without all the extra features (I'm assuming you don't want), will do the trick for you. Even if you aren't going to replace it right away, good to know what you're shooting for next time.

Different batteries have different requirements.
I have an iPhone and was surprised to discover recently that it is better for the battery (life) to completely drain it at least once a month. (I usually charge it every night).

It sucks that your emergency phone isn't reliable!

Good luck with it.
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 pm

This the second POS... the first one which was the most basic I could get, was horrible. If I held it so that they could hear me talk I couldn't hear them... and took forever to load when it was turned on, then I had to use a menu to be able to make a call which was a very involved and annoying process which often didn't work... so when I got an offer of a free upgrade I took it.

This one was one of three choices I had... it was the least complicated, worked as a phone as soon as it was flipped open (as in I didn't have to select anything from a menu)... and I explained what it was for. Just sitting in the car plugged into the charger for emergencies.

I had one StarTac for 13 years and loved it. But the phone company discontinued analog service so I was forced to change. I haven't paid for these POS phones - they were free with my contract but I am getting pissed off paying $26 a month for something that doesn't work (I have a three year contract.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Just ask any kid over the age of 8 and they'll give you a full tutorial of your phone and it's innermost workings in 10 minutes or less. LOL
Manja

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2011-06-25

http://www.shiningfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Don't know any... hmm... maybe I'll take it on my gig tomorrow and ask random kids about it? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by earthorange on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 pm

It seems counter-intuitive, but leaving a rechargeable battery in a charger actually shortens the battery's overall lifespan. It happened with our Mac laptop; we used to leave it plugged in for hours and eventually we had to replace the battery.
earthorange

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-08-23

http://www.peoplepaint.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Well... new technology sucks. My StarTac (R.I.P.) was plugged into the car charger for pretty much for 12 years straight... I would use it while it was plugged into the charger too. These new crappy phones WON'T work when charging.

I only bought one new battery for the StarTac after about 8 years of use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top